Sunday, May 6, 2012

ROBOTS


Both my knees, the palms of my hands, my wrists, my forearms, my right index fingertip, my left shoulder blade and my lower back...

Were scraped to shit and bloodied.

I'm a wreck, but I can't remember the last time I threw myself at a boulder problem without interest in the consequences like I did yesterday afternoon.

Robots is a great slab. It's everything it promises to be... And it's HARD.

I tickled the top about 10 times, but no matter, cause that's the crux. James did likewise and then out of nowhere Dave topped it out, burling his way over. It looks like it's all in the shoulders for that last move.

I snapped the tiny foothold I was using near the top, but that's going to happen and it can be done without it, though my heart sank a little when we looked up and saw the scar on the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment