Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The power of flagging

Tonight I think I discovered how powerful flagging a foot can be.

There's a new problem in the Co op (sorry Pierre!) and it has this great toe hook and you move your hands along this slopey hold and cut loose to re-establish your right foot on the crimp your hand just left.

The position one is left in, is very horizontal and the next move is a vertical pull through your right arm to a round sloper...

I couldn't do this move. I found it really powerful and I was going nowhere on it but floorwards!

That is until the end of tonight's training! I was trying the pull through my right arm as usual, but unusually my left foot flagged way out and the pull through suddenly became easy!!

10 repetitions on that move with a big emphasis on flagging that left foot out as far as I could - followed by a long rest and I can now go from the beginning of the problem to that move with relative ease!!

My only issue is... I'm still only half way up the wall...

Still though, progress is progress and flagging is officially awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment