Friday, November 25, 2011

The greater good

I've had the last month off, and am starting a new job on Monday - can't wait actually...

Luckily, I had the chance to go to Font for 10 days in the middle of all the time off I had. It was a fantastic way to kick off the Winter season, and I came back to Ireland totally motivated to get out on Wicklow granite and see what I could do.

The day after I got back from the trip, I caught the cold that had been doing the rounds over there. I was totally out of action for 3 days.

Shane and I hit the Scalp on the Sunday and had a great day - loads of good work done!

Aside from that though, despite the weather being pretty much, totally mint for the rest of the week, I didn't get out bouldering once...

Not even on Tuesday - when the skies were perfectly clear and the air was freezing cold. Dave described the day as exemplary.

I had another commitment I had to attend to.

Everyday for 2 hours, give or take... Something that's going to push my climbing way beyond what it is now.

It's funny how my new commitment has nothing to do with physical exertion, nothing to do with strengthening tendons, or chalk, or pads, or climbing shoes... But I'm certain it's going to push my ability on rock next year.

Cause with bouldering... it's all about access.

And this week - I learned how to drive.



I've a way to go yet, and was a little annoyed that I didn't get ANY outdoor bouldering in this week at all...

But in the long run - it's for the greater good.

My car and my ability to drive might be the greatest bouldering asset I have next year.

1 comment:

  1. haha, yeah good choice. It made a big difference to me when I learned :D

    ReplyDelete