Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Damn snow!!

This is the view from the patio window of my apartment...

There are those of us who LOVE snow, and there is something enchanting about an undisturbed
landscape turned white and I had a good laugh the other day when I walked past an exceptionally well made snowman (complete with hat, scarf and mittens!) in the grounds of the apartments where I live.

However... when the snow interferes with my climbing, I'm not so fond of it at all!!

In fact you could say I can't stand it!



I love my training board, pictured above!, but it ain't no substitute for climbing problems!

So I've spent the last hour or so devising a program that will tire me out as much as training at the co op would... This is still no substitute

For this week, my Beastmaker 2000 is the indoor hold of the week!! ;) Due to the fact that it may be the only indoor hold I see!!

But what about working the rest of my body - well, Angela Carlin linked a few of us to this cool little article about the British Bouldering Team's work-out


I'll be taking my lead from that!!

Obviously I don't have a set of rings in my gaf, so I've been moderating the exercises mentioned in the article and adding to them...

I haven't bouldered since the IBL and that's probably a good thing with my wrist the way it was - but it feels good to go now and I want to get on a wall or better still A BOULDER! And yes I accept I've been a wuss today... but I plan on remedying that tomorrow with a trip to the co op come what may!!!!

This video, that Eamon O Riain shared with me today showed me that the sitting room is no place for boulderers ... even on the coldest of days!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment