Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ayton's Cave... all on my own!


Audio: Blue's Brothers Soundtrack: 'She Caught the Katy'

Decidedly miffed at the recent lack of luck with regards dry rock, I looked at the weather forecast yesterday and committed to an afternoon off today - I wanted to go to the cave and the weather for the weekend looks less than inspiring!

I got home from work at 1pm, packed my boulder pad and set off - Luas, Train, 40 min walk in...

During the train journey, the sun was splitting the skies over Howth and I couldn't have been more smug as I sat looking out the window...

No more than 50 yards from Sutton Dart station, the rain started and turned heavy and then hail stones...

Many normal, sensible people would have, at that point, turned back... but I kept plodding along, soaked to the skin...

When I arrived at the cave the sun was back out and by some miracle the cave was dry... every last hold I wanted to work with...

DRY!

I had a fantastic hour and a half of nailing down moves on Loco Total (7a) and had little or no trouble sending Caroline's Traverse (6b)...

I left as soon as the tide looked like it might disrupt an easy escape...

:)

2 comments:

  1. Nice video trish looks like a good day well worth the afternoon off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats cool trish, nice one! Naomi*

    ReplyDelete