Sunday, November 7, 2010

Great weekend indoors...



Well, the Irish weather kept me indoors this weekend and I had a blast!

Spent the day in the Co op on Saturday and had a monster 3 hour training session with Chris and Kev - I must be getting stronger cause I used to be wasted after an hour in there... and progress is being made, cause now I'm only getting spat off the last move of all the problems I can't do, as opposed to being spat off the start of them!


I have successfully completed only 1 Co op problem to date... I hope to at least double that by the end of November - I love that place so much!

Today I climbed in UCD with Eamon and Matt - and then, as if that wasn't AWESOME (yes Eamon I said AWESOME!) enough, at about 2 o clock in walked Terry O Connor, Angela Carlin and Eddie Cooper as well as a bunch of energy bound bouldering kids and the atmosphere was just brilliant...

Got loads of work done and bouldered with people I never usually get to train with...

Had so much fun and learned lots of things as the day went by... 4 hours later I HAD to stop, had no more strength or brain to work through problems, but continued by doing a conditioning set of pull ups and handstands, sit ups and lock offs etc...

All in all I'm shattered, and though I love heading outside bouldering at the weekends, and that would always be my preference, this weekend showed me that I can have a bloody good time climbing indoors too.

Thanks everyone for a smashin' weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Eventually found this for you....
    One of the problem setters at a big climbing wall in Boulder, Colorado records video footage of many of the problems so might help with getting you some perceptions of strength to work towards:
    http://www.catsclimbing.com/
    Think there's videos of problems up to V13 or so (font 8b).
    See example of a V12 being campused(?!):
    http://vimeo.com/6822329

    And from someone else based in Colorado - weird random videos!:
    http://vimeo.com/16231031

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That v12 campus was insane and he made it look like I could do it!!

    Thanks a mil for these!!

    Indoors is where the work gets done I think... When we go outside we get to enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this through Tim -

    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

    Enjoy!

    http://www.prana.com/blog/index.php/2010/11/09/paul-robinson-plasticn-video/

    ReplyDelete