Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Climbing's all I've got...

So I've come under major fire for posting a blog about my resin based bouldering last weekend... Look out!!!

Truth is, at the moment climbing's all I have -

So what ever's going on in my life I know that for 2 or 3 hours every day I'm going to smile. I'm going to have fun and I'm going to hang out with some of the best people I've ever met.

Whether it's indoors or outdoors, I'm going to write about it.

My blog, I suppose is to remind me that I did smile today, and because I have such great climbing friends, I can gain a lot of advice about my bouldering from awesome climbers that I don't get to talk to and in turn, because it's all on the web, people who are learning about bouldering can gain good knowledge as well.

And here's something that's really going to get all the anti-resin folk's blood boiling... I had a great night in the co op tonight and finished 2 more problems on the 45 degree board that I wasn't able to do before!

So today, everything else might be falling down around me, but I went and climbed and I smiled and I came home and had a dinner and now I'm reminding myself that today, at least in part, was good.


11 comments:

  1. Don't mind anyone else. Write about what ever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you have for dinner? I messed up my pork chop and mash!

    I wouldn't call pierre major fire.

    Also I'd worry if davo was on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had pasta with fried egg whites, a yellow pepper and snap peas... it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throw in some beef strips and it would have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim's right Trish, but thanks for the compliment anyway!

    Also, make sure you don't overtrain. That's what happens when you've got nothing else to do. That's what leads to injury.

    Is there any point telling you that injury means less climbing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pierre!

    I'm slowly learning to WALK AWAY! when I get too tired... but when I have access to such a cool climbing wall it's difficult not to train almost everyday!!!

    I do rest at least 1 day a week though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete