Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sick!


Trip to Fontainbleau is only 2 days away now, and I had an absolutely great bouldering session in the Co op last night - with little gems of advice from Howard. All was going well until this morning when I woke up with a banging headache, a sore throat and a nose that seems to be in training for the Dublin marathon on Monday...

I've a cold!!

I've always said athletes are like babies. So I rang work and told them I couldn't make it, dragged my duvet into the sittingroom and sat on my couch for the day sipping tea and eating sandwiches.

I'm in panic mode at the moment cause I had a very clear training plan for Font. It included my final training session that was supposed to be tonight... but I ain't climbing tonight!!

So what do I do... rest for the next 2 days before I leave on saturday morning, or go training tomorrow and do my last session in preparation for 9 days bouldering in Font... It's a tough one! If I was giving advice to someone else, I'd say 'the work is done, rest!' but it's always hard to give yourself the right advice and follow it!!

All I know is Holy Moly (F7a) is waiting for me and I really really wanna send it!!





No comments:

Post a Comment